Parking & Transportation
Limited free parking is available in our parking complex between York and Josephine streets. Street parking is available in Cheesman Park or Congress Park, where posted.
Parking Restrictions at York Street:
- Vans — Due to height restrictions, vans should park on the top deck of the parking complex.
- RVs — Due to weight restrictions, RVs are not permitted in the parking complex.
Please consider using these alternate modes of transportation:
- Lyft: New User Code is GARDENS19 - Any new user who enters the code gets $5 off first three rides. Enter your phone number from your smart phone and download the app with the code pre-loaded.
- car2go: There are seven dedicated parking spots on the top floor of the York Street parking structure.
- B-Cycle: There is a B-Cycle station next to our York Street entrance.
- RTD: Use routes #24 (York and Josephine Streets) and/or #10 (12th Avenue) to access the Gardens.
- Bicycle Colorado: The Gardens joins Bicycle Colorado in encouraging cycling as a form of transportation. Bike racks are available at the York Street main entrance.
- Most of our indoor and outdoor gardens and facilities, including restrooms and classrooms, are wheelchair accessible.
- Some areas in the Gardens are not wheelchair accessible without assistance. Please check with the staff in the Bonfils-Stanton Visitor Center if you need clarification on accessible routes.
- Due to its historical nature, the Waring House is not wheelchair accessible.
- See map below showing wheelchair and stroller accessible paths in the Gardens.
- Accessible parking is located in the Gardens’ parking structure.
- Wheelchairs and strollers are available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis at the Information Desk in the Boettcher Memorial Center. No reservations are accepted. Leaving a driver’s license or photo ID is required.
- We do not offer motorized wheelchairs or scooters.
- No pets allowed at the York Street gardens. Service dogs/animals are permitted. Please do not leave pets in cars – you will be asked to take them home.
- Due to the sensitive nature of our specimens, service animals are not permitted in our herbaria located in the Boettcher Memorial Center. If you have a service animal and would like to visit the herbaria, call 720-865-3593 to make an appointment. We recommend you bring someone with you who can stay with your service animal while you visit the herbaria.